The fact is that every business needs a website. If you work from home, have an office space, a Pastor, or just a minister, you need to have a functioning website. In getting a website, you must be guided and directed so as not to make a mistake. I once made one so many yes ago and it cost me so much. This article will help you to avoid what I call digital error.
Let us go to the Complete Guild On Hosting a Domain Name In Nigeria
1) You Need To Decide The Sort Of Site Your Want
There are basically more than 5 types of websites, but here we will discuss 3 of them.
A blog (a truncation of “weblog”) is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete, often informal diary-style text entries (posts). Posts are typically displayed in reverse chronological order, so that the most recent post appears first, at the top of the web page. This definition is from Wikipedia Plenty grammar right? 🙂
Note: You can also go a bit futher to talk about vblog and so on, but lets stop here for now.
Static or Basic Websites:
Static websites are simple websites with one or more web pages (called HTML pages). You can build them on your computer with software like Dreamweaver and then upload the pages to your host’s server using any FTP software (such as FileZilla).Whenever you need to make changes to your website, you’ll have to edit the pages on your computer and upload them again. Since they cannot be modified dynamically, such websites are called static websites.Static websites are cheaper than dynamic websites (below) but come with limited functionality and no option for e-commerce or interactivity.
Dynamic websites contain information that changes, depending on the time of day, the viewer and other factors. They make use of both client-side and server-side scripts to create and update content. Client-side scripts, which run on a user’s computer, are mainly used for appearance and interaction purposes. Server-side scripts, which reside on a server and are extensively used by E-commerce and social networking sites, allow users to have individual accounts and provide a customized response for each user. Dynamic websites are CMS-driven, and allow you to directly add and edit content (i.e. text, design, photos, and videos), as well as let your visitors leave comments and start discussions.Dynamic websites are ideal for businesses and organizations. Examples of dynamic websites include blogs, forums, photo galleries and e-commerce sites.
2) You Need A Domain Name
Yes, that is right you need a domain name to start with. A domain name is the digital address of your business. Grow.ng is a domain name, Signonshost.com is a domain name, CfaithRadio.com, Paystack.com, Twitter.com and Cfaith.tv are all domain names.
Consider these when buying or registering a domain name.
- The Domain Name must be short: eg grow.ng has 4 letters. yahoo.com has 5 letters, google has 6 letters. As much as possible, you need to consider a name that is very short. Getting a domain name like www.letstraveltolagosandmakemoneyandcomeback.com 🙂 is bad, try to avoid it.
- The Domain Name must be easy to remember: I am sure you will always remember names like the above domain names. They are short and very easy to remember.
- The Name needs to have a keyword: While this may not be important, if you can get a domain name with a keyword, it is better. For example, signon host, paystack, payless. Hope you get that? Good!
- Consider buying a domain name from a host or a registrar that allows you to have root access to your domain name like SignOnHost, WhoGoHost, bluehost, namecheap, godaddy and others this will enable you to manage the domain name, change your DNS and so on.
- And finally, make sure you register it with your email address (gmail, yahoo, icloud) and not with your domain email.
3) Getting A Perfect Host
- Now, your host must be able to support you in time of need. They might be some times when you will desperately need a technical or billing support. If you have a host that can’t support you… I am sorry for you. This is why we recommend SignonHost.
- Decide The Hosting Plans That You Need – There are few of them, Shared Host, Reseller Account, VPS, Dedicated Server, WordPress Host etc.
4) Finally Go Ahead and Use Your New Host:
Chances are that you are a blogger and wants to host a blog or you just need a business site, it is very important you secure your site, use your site email address eg email@example.com. This will promote your website and attract web traffic.
If you have a question or an experience you want to share with us, kindly use the comment box.
#share and #connect with Grow.NG – Let’s grow together.